01. Teeth & Tongue Will Get You Hung - The Five Keys
02. When Will My Troubles End (take B) - The Five Keys
03. Lawdy Miss Mary - The Five Keys
04. I'll Follow You - The Five Keys
05. Let Me Know Tonight - The Nitecaps
06. Oh, You Sweet Girl - The Nitecaps
07. In Each Corner Of My Heart - The Nitecaps
08. Sweet Thing - The Nitecaps
01. Be My Girl - The Nitecaps
02. Tough Mama - The Nitecaps
03. A Kiss and A Vow - The Nitecaps
04. Bamboo Rock & Roll - The Nitecaps
05. You're Gonna Be Sorry - The Nitecaps
06. You May Not Know - The Nitecaps
07. Snap Crackle & Pop - The Nitecaps
08. When Will My Troubles End (take A) - The Five Keys
Download from here:
In response to a re-up request, here's that great Detour LP which features the July 1954 "lost session" by The Five Keys for Groove plus all of the releases by The Nitecaps on that label.
The original very extensive post (October 2010), which includes label scans from Joan K, is here:
It most certainly demands attention! The only information I have to add is this list of the Nitecaps' releases on Groove. Three unreleased tracks are also included on the LP.
The Nitecaps original releases -
Groove 0134 - A Kiss And A Vow / Be My Girl, December 1955
Groove 0147 - Tough Mama / Sweet Thing, April 1956
Groove 0158 - Bamboo Rock & Roll / You May Not Know, June 1956
Groove 0176 - Let Me Know Tonight / In Each Corner Of My Heart, November 1956
"Snap, Crackle And Pop," "You're Gonna Be Sorry," and "Oh You Sweet Girl" were not issued until this LP.
I have also re-upped two other Five Keys LPs:
The original very detailed post from November 2010 is here:
"Rhythm And Blues Hits Past And Present" is a collection of late period Five Keys sides recorded for King. Download from here:
The original post (January 2013) is here:
For the full story of The Five Keys, read Marv Goldberg's article here:
And this post concludes our vocal group season here on Be Bop Wino. Thanks to Joan K for a new edition of "Joan Selects" and don't worry, doowop fans, more group LPs will pop up from time to time! Doo wah Doo wah!