Saturday, 30 April 2016

Joe Liggins Special! 2 LPs Re-upped





Side A:
01. The Honeydripper Part 1
02. The Honeydripper Part 2
03. Left A Good Deal In Mobile
04. Key Jam
05. How Come
06. Apple Of My Eye
07. Doddle-Do-Da-Deet
08. Yvette

Side B:
09. Drippers' Boogie Part 1
10. Drippers' Boogie Part 2
11. Lonesome Guitar
12. You Ain't Goin' To Heaven No How
13. Three O'Clock Jump Part 1
14. Three O'Clock Jump Part 2
15. Some Of These Days
16. Ruth

Download from:

http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/jUN52yGk/file.html

Original post is here:

http://bebopwinorip.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/joe-liggins-honeydripper_13.html





Side 1:
01. Miss Betty's Blues
02. Got Your Love In My Heart
03. Caravan
04. I Know My Love Is True
05. Got A Right To Cry - Joe Liggins
06. Walkin' - Joe Liggins
07. Tanya - Joe Liggins
08. Sugar Lump - Joe Liggins

Side 2:
09. The Darktown Strutters Ball
10. Downhome Blues
11. Breaking My Heart
12. Sweet Georgia Brown
13. The Blues
14. Loosiana
15. Spooks Holiday
16. Daddy On My Mind

Download from:

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/4QZ4uLXs/file.html

Original post is here:

http://bebopwinorip.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/joe-liggins-his-honeydrippers-darktown.html

More Joe Liggins posts featuring 78 rpm rips by El Enmascarado and the stories behind the discs:

Drippers' Boogie, Parts 1 & 2








And, lest we forget, The Honeydripper Parts 1 & 2 by Sammy Franklin and the Atomics. He should have listened to Joe.


5 comments:

KurtGS said...

Nice post, I'm very grateful. I would be even more grateful if you could re-up his brother Jimmy's record also.
Thanx,
KurtGS

boogiewoody said...

The blogger's life is a hard one ... I've just looked at the files - I really need to do some new scans for the Jimmy Liggins LP, so there will be a short delay before it re-appears. Probably towards the end of the week.

BW

Gerard Herzhaft said...

Thanks a lot!

crispy critter said...

Didn't know you were back- very cool to hear the liggins brothers,I produced some shows in the late 70's with Joe and Jimmy, Lloyd Glenn also- The nicest gentlemen imaginable-Thanks -

boogiewoody said...

Cheers Crispy Critter -

I just go on extended leave now and again. It's always enjoyable to hear from people who actually met and worked with the artists featured on the blog.

BW